CPSC recalled few items of fireworks in 2017, the reason of most of recalled items were overloaded with pyrotechnics intended to produce an audible effect, violating the federal regulatory standards. Overloaded fireworks can result in a greater than expected explosion , posing burn and explosion hazards to consumers. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled fireworks and contact Wholesale Fireworks for a full refund.
The recalled items are below:
1. This recall involves all Fireworks Over America Serious Spinout multi-effect fireworks sold both individually and by the case. Recalled fireworks have product code FOA 2773 printed on the back panel in the lower right hand corner. The fireworks consist of eight tubes wrapped in colorful paper. The tubes are bundled together to form a "cake" that measures 6 inches tall by about 4 inches wide. "Serious Spinout,” "Warning” and an image of two yellow cars are printed on the front panel. This recalled fireworks distributor and importer is Fireworks Over America, Springfield, MO.
2. Toxic artillery rockets. “Toxic” is printed on the rockets and on the top cardboard information label on the top of the package. The packaging has a red dragon on it surrounded with a black flame. Distributor: Wholesale Fireworks Inc., of Laramie, Wyo.
3. Boom Box aerial shells. The aerial shells measure about five inches high with their tube. “BOOM BOX” is printed on the aerial shells, tube and packaging. The fireworks are red with green fuses and measure about two inches high. Distributor: Wholesale Fireworks Inc., of Laramie, Wyo.
4. Detonator firecrackers. “Detonator” is printed on the firecrackers and on the package. Distributor: Wholesale Fireworks Inc., of Laramie, Wyo.
5. This recall involves the Jumbo Fireworks “Surprise Fountain.” The recalled fireworks were sold individually and have product code JFG4279 printed on the front panel above the cautionary text. The fireworks are small red cylinder devices that measure 3 inches tall by about 1 inch wide. “Jumbo Fireworks,” “Surprise Fountain,” “Warning” and an image of fountains with happy faces are printed on the front. Importer: Matrix Fireworks Inc., of Wahpeton, N.D.
Consumer can report an incident involving this products to CPSC
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of thousands of types of consumer products under the agency’s jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $1 trillion annually. CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical or mechanical hazard. CPSC's work to help ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters and household chemicals -– contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 40 years. Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a publicly-announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory recall ordered by the Commission. To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury go online to www.SaferProducts.gov or call CPSC's Hotline at 800-638-2772 or teletypewriter at 301-595-7054 for the hearing impaired. Consumers can obtain news release and recall information at www.cpsc.gov, on Twitter @USCPSC or by subscribing to CPSC's free e-mail newsletters.